Thursday, March 31, 2011

10 Things I Am Super Obsessed With

The Frisky started a  cool new feature today called 10 Things I Am Super Obsessed With Right Now. It inspired me to do my own 10 things for my blog today. So here we go!

Fashion
I've been in a bit of a fashion rut lately. The whole inconsistent weather thing doesn't help. Is it spring? Is it winter? Is it spring? Is it winter? Ugh! But right now I'm feeling pretty obsessed with a couple of transitional items that work well on those crazy Kansas weather days.
  1. Moccasins! I bought 2 pairs of these babies at Payless a few months ago. They are pretty great winter/spring shoes. They cover enough of your feet to keep warm when the temperatures are low, but are breathable enough to wear when it gets warmer. Now as far as attractiveness goes, they're not the most adorable shoes every, but I think they're kinda cute! Every time I wear them Brian insists they are house shoes and not meant to be worn outside, but they totally have soles!


2. I'm also really enjoying these light-weight cardigans  from Old Navy. They are thin enough to not be too warm on spring like days, but enough
                                                      to keep you covered when it's cooler. I have one in gray, but I wouldn't
                                                      mind having the white!

TV 
3. So I've been watching the commercials for the new NBC show The Voice, and I have to admit I'm pretty excited about it. I mean, look: You got Christian Aguilera who is a hot, tranny mess right now. What with the divorce, the drunkenness, the mackin' out in the back of cars, the chocolate banana bjs! Love it! Then there's Adam Levine from Maroon 5 who I love. Plus I'm a sucker for any reality singing competition. I will definitely be watching!
4. GLEE!!!! I know everyone else in the free world has been loving Glee for the past few years. I'm a little slow on the uptake, okay? But I love it! I just started watching about a month or so ago and I'm totally into it. The singing, the drama, the cute boys! Squeal! It's enough to make you feel like a teenage girl again!


Music
5. I've been a fan of the Cold War Kids for awhile, but since going to their show at the Granada earlier this month they are all I want to listen to! I love the tone of Nathan Willett's voice and their songs are super passionate and catchy. This one is my absolute favorite!

6. I'm totally excited about the new Strokes album that is out right now. I have yet to purchase it, but it will be my next itunes splurge! I can't help but bop along whenever this comes on the radio!

Reading

7. Anyone that knows me knows I am a HUGE Tina Fey fan. I was so excited to find out that she has written a book that will be coming out this month. It's called Bossypants and if the cover is any indication it should be hilarious!


8. I am also a fan of Chelsea Handler. I've read all of her books and laughed my ass off through each one. I can't wait until her next one, Lies That Chelsea Handler Told Me, comes out!


Food

9. I can honestly say that if it wouldn't cause me to pack on about a million pounds and be plugged up until I'm 50 I'd eat cheese for every meal. I freakin' love cheese. Most all cheeses too. Except maybe blue. Currently I cannot get enough of goat cheese. There's a brand at Dillons I've bought that is to die for! I can't remember the name right now and I've googled until I feel my head will explode so I'll find out and tell you later.

10. Bananas! Which is totally crazy for me because as a kid I HATED bananas. They made my mouth itchy and gave me a stomach ache. And now as an adult, miraculously, they don't bother me anymore! I can't get enough of them. As a snack, on waffles and sandwiches with peanut butter, in smoothies. Yum!

So there's my current 10 Things I Am Super Obsessed With. What are your 10 things?

1 comment:

  1. You are too stinkin' funny! Thanks for a morning laugh! If I get a chance today I might post my 10 obsessions!

    ReplyDelete