Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Sickness Sucks

Blehhhhhhhhhhh... That's how I feel right now. I'm sick. Thought I could avoid all those nasty little germs from my runny-nosed 3rd graders with a flu shot and frequent hand-washing, but alas, no. I think it may be due to the weakening of my immune system courtesy of my 5k last weekend. Yes, I ran my 5k. RAN the whole time. Finished in 45 minutes and some-odd seconds. Not as fast as I would have liked, but dang if that path in Shawnee Mission Park isn't hilly! Here's a "lovely" pic of me getting my run on.



I started feeling sick the day after my run. I think it might of been because it was really freakin' cold and windy before we started running. Then I got hot while I was running. Then cold again while waiting for Brian to finish. But who knows. Trudged through work yesterday as I did not have any sub plans ready and cannot pop into school when I'm sick like I did last year. I got stuff together for a sub and stayed home today. Sure glad I did because I feel like ass. Gonna have to go back tomorrow though. Too much to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment