Saturday, October 8, 2011

Halloween Costume

I found a super cute Halloween costume that I'm going to try to make for this year. It looks pretty simple so hopefully I don't mess it up too much. It's a child's costume that I found here, but this chick made it in grown up size here. I have a gray t-shirt dress that I bought at Arizona Trading Co. last year that I thought would be good to put the feathers on. Then I can just wear a black long sleeve under it with some black leggings and ballet flats. I'm going to attach the mask to a headband and wear it on my head like the girl at humble ablog. My future mother in law quilts so she said I could look through her scrap fabric for feather material. Hopefully she has some cool colors. I'm going to use fabric glue rather than sewing. I don't have a machine and I'm not a good enough at hand stitching to do it that way. It would take forever!

And I found some absolutely beautiful fall nail polish that I would like to wear with it. I saw it at Walgreen's last week but talked myself out of buying it because I don't paint my nails very often, but now I want it! I checked 3 stores last night and no one had it! It's a limited edition so I may have to resort to online purchase. We're going to KC today so maybe a Walgreen's there will have it. It's called Owl's Night and it's part of the L'Oreal Project Runway collection. I love how it has the specks of different colored sparkles that reflect in the light. And the dark, rich color is perfect for fall. I hope I can find it!

No comments:

Post a Comment