Sunday, October 30, 2011

Hello, it's been awhile...

Life's been stoopid busy lately so I haven't been blogging much. That and I haven't thought of anything super interesting to post.

School has been super hectic lately. Between grade cards, conferences, and other random activities I haven't had much time to be creative with my classroom. Tomorrow is our Halloween parade and party and I've been baking away making cake pops for the kiddos. This time I did eyeballs! White cake, white icing, white chocolate, gummy savers for the iris and mini M&Ms for the pupils. Here's a pic.

I will be donning my owl costume for the festivities tomorrow. I got to try it out last night for Ryan and Michelle's Halloween party. Got lots of complements and it was extremely comfy!

Brian was Mad Max. Oh! And I got a a hair cut.
My race is coming up in a couple of weeks and hopefully I will be ready! My first two runs on Monday and Wednesday this week were kinda hard, and I have yet to get motivated to run today. Tomorrow I do my first 30 minute run. I'm hoping to do 3 miles. On a related note, I haven't been losing much weight lately. I've still been doing LiveStrong, but there have been days I've gone over on my calories. I've been staying right around the same weight for about 3 weeks now so I decided to reduce my daily calorie allowance by about 200. But of course with it being Halloween, I've been eating lots of junk lately. Gotta get back on track!

I've also been really itching to do some shopping lately! I'm in the market for some cute sweater dresses for work. I'd like one in gray and maybe brown or green. Target and Old Navy have some cute ones right now. I'm also looking to get a head band ear warmer for when I run and some gloves. There's been a few days where it's been chilly but not too bad. It's going to be REALLY cold on race day though! However, I probably should not spend much since Christmas is coming up and I need to start thinking about buying presents.

Wedding planning hasn't gotten really any further lately. I've been pinning stuff on my Pinterest and thinking more about flowers, bridesmaid dresses, tuxes, decorations, save the dates, invitations, hotels, bar service, cakes...You name it; it's on my mind. I think the next thing to do will be save the dates to send out in January. Once I get our engagement pictures back from Kaleigh I can get started on those.

Well I better get back to work on laundry so I can go for a run soon. Brian had to go into work today so I did the grocery shopping by myself. In between that, laundry, and cake pops I've been watching Halloween and Halloween H2O on the X-Box. Bout time I got busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment