Sunday, October 16, 2011

Week of accomplishments and fall fun.

Well it's Sunday night and tomorrow is the start of a new week, and I have to say I'm mighty pleased with myself. I had a pretty productive work week and a fun weekend. All in all no complaints.

We only had students Monday-Thursday this week and although my class is chatty and seems to really struggle remembering to raise their hands when they need something instead of chasing me around the room, it was a pretty productive week. We managed to stay mostly on schedule and did alright with everything I planned for the week. On Friday I worked on grade cards and a few other odds and ends. Surprisingly, grade cards weren't as bad as I thought they were going to be. Now that I have one 9 weeks under my belt I don't think I'll be so intimidated by a new grading system next time around. I was also able to finish guided reading plans for next week, prep some new AR (Accelerated Reader) things to implement, and fill out progress sheets for conferences. Unfortunately I did not get my student improvement plans done for a few of my kiddos, but I've got some down time during conferences this week I can work on those.

Friday after work I went to my parents house to run to David's Bridal with my mom to pick up my wedding dress! Everything was in except for the veil so we'll go get that some other time. Right now it's hanging in my parent's closet until I got back for a fitting in February. I tried on a 14 in the store which was quite snug so they ordered me a 16. I'm planning on continuing to lose weight so it's possible the 16 could become too big. The plan is to go back in February to see how it fits and order a smaller one if necessary. I'm thinking since they can take it in two dress sizes with alterations it should be fine. That would bring it down to a 12, and their dresses run small, so that should be about right.

Saturday Brian and I drove down to Baldwin for the Maple Leaf Festival. It was very crowded but lots of fun. We looked at crafts and had some lunch then my parents and Chris, Jess, and Cam showed up. We walked around a bit more and laughed at Cameron and his, "I see tractor. I see baby. I see cars. I see dog. Tractor night night. Baby night night. Car night night. Dog night night." He's so silly! Then Brian and I headed home. We had dinner and watched a movie. We had picked up the Tawny dessert wine from Somerset Ridge to try. We hoped it would be as good as the Citron. Brian liked it, but I did not. It tasted very strongly of alcohol and reminded me of whiskey. Not a fan. So he drank that and I had some left over margarita stuff we had.

Oh and I almost forgot! Friday was a very exciting day because baby Saydee was born! One of my best friends Katie and her husband Louie welcomed their first born on Friday afternoon. I've only seen pictures so far but she's super adorable. I can't wait to go down to Hutch and visit.

And another thing I forgot to mention. On Saturday morning Brian and I went for our runs. I ran 2 1/3 miles in 25 minutes without stopping! A first and major accomplishment for me! I have gone from hating running and barely being able to do a minute without huffing and puffing to doing 25 minutes without stopping. Our race is November 12th and I still have 3 weeks of training to do, but I think I will be able to do a 5k in 30 minutes. Then hopefully onto longer races.

Today we didn't do a whole lot. We got up and had breakfast and I started climbing Laundry Mountain. Between our everyday clothes, Brian's work out clothes, and my work out clothes we go through a lot in one week. I did 5 loads of laundry today! Ridiculous! We went to the grocery store and ran a couple of errands. We came home and lazed around for a little bit. I took a brief nap while watching SNL on Hulu. Then we decided to get out of the house again. It was Give Away day at the library books sale so we checked that out. I found a few good teacher books and Brian picked up a couple of cook books. I had been wanting to go to the pumpkin patch for awhile so we headed out there next. We got a couple of good sized pumpkins for carving and Brian got some cute little pumpkins and a gourd for his office.

Now we're home and Brian's playing WOW and I'm watching Oliver's Twist on Netflix. A nice way to end a lovely weekend.

And as I promised here is a picture of me in my finished owl costume as well as a couple of my new nail polish.
I think it looks pretty good! I wish you could see the owl face better. It's really cute!  


These pictures really don't do the polish justice. This a really pretty gray called Cockatoo's Mystery.
This is a gorgeous black with gold, green, and red sparkles. It's called Owl's Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment